Lunes, Hulyo 8, 2013

Blog post 2: Oooopssss....He's Out of my League

I don't know why I always fall for someone who doesn't like me. Maybe because I'm not that attractive to them, not too smart for them or maybe they're just out of my league. 

I swear, I always tend to fall for someone who doesn't give a fuck about me. There's this guy from my high school. I liked him since our freshman year and developed into love throughout the time. He knew that I liked him from the start because my friends told him. For me, He's really perfect. He is really good at basketball, he's handsome and has a strong sex appeal. He is also good at dancing. Everybody adores this guy. But..... what about me? a.k.a Ms. Plain-Jane? I admit, I'm not that attractive. I am friendly and I am very jolly. But, I am not good in sports. We have no common interest and characteristics. I'm here at the bottom and he's unreachable. And He's way too Out of my League.





But, What is the meaning of the term "Out of my League"?


You say he/she is out of your league when they are too good looking or too cool for you. It also simply means that they couldn't be interested in you because you're too plain compared to them.


However, Mark Manson, Author of the article "Dating Someone out of your league" in Postmasculine, have some good news and bad news for you. The bad news is that it’s impossible to ever date someone “out of your league.” But the good news is that your league is determined by much more than your looks, your car or your wallet.


He said that "It is impossible to date someone out of your league. Because whomever you end up dating, you're dating them because you perceive each other to be mutually attractive." 


In his recent research, He studied that women may found physical unattractive doctors to be as debatable as very attractive school teachers. His conclusion is that social status and power can compensate for physical looks. In fact, both have genetic value and therefore have been evolutionary selected for attraction.

The couple should have an even trade.  But how? By valuing different traits in one another. She would value your intelligence and compassion however, you value her looks and sensitivity.


The trade off can also be abstract: money, religion, free meals, sex, etc. These are the following being valued of the relationship. The main concept is, even if you lack something, like in physical appearance or intelligence, you need to impress the other party. You need to bring something to the table.

Okay, this may sound terrible and cold, but in each relationship, The two party is judging each other's attractiveness, nevertheless, falls down in one question. "What can he/she do for me?" And this question cause us to fall selflessly in love.




Okay, At the picture above, We can see that the woman is pretty hot  right? She got the looks and a body to die for. But, how about the man? he may be old, he may be not that good-looking but he got loads of money right? So, there is a trade-off. The man is attracted to the looks of the woman but the woman is attracted to his wealth.

However, If you don't believe in Mark Manson's article, These are tips on How to date women out of your league by Ron Louis & David Copeland on the article entitled "How can I date women out of my league?"


First step, is you must Upgrade your looks. He said that most men who are dating women that are not that attractive decides to set their style into stone and haven't upgraded their look since then. So, their haircuts and clothes becomes out-of-date and no hot women wants to bed a men who's out-of-date. Second, is Upgrade your behavior. He said that a hot woman is attracted to a guy who is able to have fun and who seems to enjoy his life. Last, Upgrade your standards. He said that an important part of going for the women you want is refusing to go for the women you don't want. This means that, from now on, you only bang girls you are attracted to.


We surely have different opinion about this topic. Some may believe Mark Manson and others don't. But for me, I guess nobody really dates someone out of their league. You're dating because you are trading something. Dating is not based on your physical appearance. Who knows? the other is very successful and wealthy. Just because you can’t see the value the guy is bringing to the table doesn't mean it’s not there.




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento